About This Chatbot Course
This course provides a practical introduction on how to build a chatbot. Within it, you'll learn how to plan, build, test, analyze, and deploy your first chatbot.
Leveraging the cognitive computing power of Watson Conversation, you will be able to design your own chatbot without the need to write any code. You'll also learn how to quickly deploy your chatbot on WordPress-based sites.
Chatbots are one of the most exciting and in-demand topics in tech. If you want to learn how to build a chatbot — and perhaps create one for your own business — this free chatbot course is for you.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Chatbots
- What are chatbots?
- Emergence of Messengers and Cognitive Computing
- Who are chatbots for?
- The chatbot we're going to build
- Module 2 - Introduction to Watson Conversation
- Watson Conversation components
- Dos and Dont's of dialog design
- Module 3 - Building Our Chatbot: Intents and Entities
- Creating a workspace
- Defining Chit Chat intents
- Defining Domain Specific intents
- Defining entities
- Module 4 - Building Our Chatbot Dialog
- The default Welcome and Anything else nodes
- Creating Chit Chat dialog
- Simple conditions and responses
- Handling complex dialog flow
- Trying out and exporting our chatbot
- Module 5 - Deploying Our Chatbot on WordPress
- Deploying our chatbot on WordPress
- Installing and configuring the plugin
- Finding and fixing problems
- More advanced concepts
- Analyzing chatbot conversations
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- The minimum passing mark for the course is 70%, where the review questions are worth 50% and the final exam is worth 50% of the course mark.
- You have 1 attempt to take the exam with multiple attempts per question.
Antonio is a Software Developer and Technical Evangelist with IBM. A published author with Wrox and The Pragmatic Bookshelf, he enjoys web programming, cutting edge technologies, and technical marketing. He is the Chief Cognitive Computing Evangelist for Cognitive Class.