The Watson Analytics product has been withdrawn and this course will be going away soon.
About This Course
Learn the basics of Watson Analytics, a smart data discovery service available on the cloud.
However, analyzing data has no value if you cannot tell a story of insight out of it. This is where tools like Watson Analytics can take your analysis to the next level. Watson Analytics offers you the benefits of advanced analytics without the complexity.
- Use Excel to get you started and put you in the right analytical mindset.
- Learn, in a few hours, how to perform data exploration, predictive analytics and effortless dashboard and infographic creation.
- Get answers and new insights to make confident decisions in minutes—all on your own!
Module 1 - Overview of Watson Analytics
- Identify Watson Analytics components and the user interface (Overview)
Module 2 - Data
- Identify data structure limitations and requirements
- Upload data from flat files
- Shape data before uploading
- Upload data from Twitter
Module 3 - Work with data connections
- Create a secure connection
- Create a secure gateway
Module 4 - Refine data
- Join data sets
- Add a calculation to the data set
- Add a data group to the data set
- Add a hierarchy
Module 5 - Discover patterns, relationships, and predictive insights
- Change column headings
- Sort data
- Perform analysis using natural language questions
- Edit targets in a predictive analysis
- Navigate the spiral in a predictive analysis
- View decision rules and the decision tree
Module 6 - Provide added value to the analysis
- Share the analysis through email
Module 7 - Assemble a display
- Change visualization types in a display
- Modify properties of a display
- Filter visualizations in a display
Module 8 - Control access
- Share assets and set access permissions
References - Create and Use expert Storybooks
- Author an expert storybook
- Use an expert storybook
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
Tony Young is a Technical Curriculum Development Lead and Technical Course Developer for the Predictive and Business Intelligence team within IBM Analytics Education Services. Since joining IBM in 2008 as part of the Cognos acquisition, he has lead a team of technical course developers, and has developed numerous education offerings, including those for the Business Intelligence (Cognos), Predictive Analytics (SPSS), and Financial and Operation Performance Management (Planning) segments. He is currently the lead developer for Watson Analytics how-to video offerings from IBM Analytics Education Services.
Jason Salares is an IBM worldwide Watson Analytics evangelist. He joined IBM in 2006 and has worked in different roles including technical support specialist, software instructor, business analytics product demo developer and presenter, and technical sales specialist. Jason is an expert in Watson Analytics and is the technical lead of a worldwide technical evangelist team.