About This Chatbot Course
Chatbots are one of the most exciting and in-demand topics in tech. If you want to learn this rapidly emerging technology, put a chatbot on your own website or make money by building chatbots for clients, this free chatbot course is for you.
This course provides a practical introduction on how to build a chatbot with Watson Assistant (formerly Watson Conversation). Within it, you'll learn how to plan, build, test, analyze, and deploy your first chatbot.
Leveraging the AI power of Watson Assistant, you will be able to design your own chatbot without the need to write any code. You'll also learn how to quickly deploy your chatbot on WordPress-based sites.
And if you build sites for customers, this course will present you with a special offer and a unique opportunity to partner with IBM! Learn how to make money by applying AI to better serve your customers' needs (a great way to distinguish your business).
Module 1 - Introduction to Chatbots
- What are chatbots?
- Chatbots are trending
- Leader in the Industry
- Lab 1: Create an instance of Watson Assistant
Module 2: Working with Intents
- How chatbots work
- Understanding Intents
- Lab 2: Create Dialog Skill and Intents
- Lab 3: Import Intents
Module 3: Working with Entities
- Understanding Entities
- Lab 4: Create Entities
- Lab 5: Import and Export Entities
Module 4: Defining the Dialog
- Putting it all together
- Building user-friendly chatbots
- Lab 6: Implement the Dialog
- Lab 7: Define Domain-Specific Intents
Module 5: Deploying your Chatbot
- Deploying to a WordPress site
- Lab 8: Add a preview and retrieve your credentials
- Lab 9: Deploy your Chatbot
Module 6: Advanced concepts – Part 1
- Working with Context Variables and Slots
- Lab 10: Explore Context Variables
- Lab 11: Master Slots
Module 7: Advanced concepts – Part 2
- Understanding Digressions
- Lab 12: Enable Digressions
- Lab 13: Get to know the Analytics tab
- Lab 14: Create your own Chatbot
- Watson Assistant in the Private Cloud
- IBM Offer for Chatbot makers
- Final Exam
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
The minimum passing mark for the course is 70%, where the review questions are worth 50% and the final exam is worth 50% of the course mark.
You have 1 attempt to take the exam with multiple attempts per question.
Registering for a free IBM Cloud account.
Antonio is a Software Development Manager at IBM. A published author with Wrox and The Pragmatic Bookshelf, he enjoys web programming, cutting-edge technologies, and technical marketing. He is the Chief AI Evangelist for Cognitive Class.