About This Chatbot Course
Chatbots are one of the most exciting and in-demand topics in tech. Gartner predicts that by 2020, 85% of businesses will have their own chatbot. If you want to learn this rapidly emerging technology, put a chatbot on your own website or make money by building chatbots for clients, this free chatbot course is for you.
This course provides a practical introduction on how to build a chatbot with Watson Assistant (formerly Watson Conversation). Within it, you'll learn how to plan, build, test, analyze, and deploy your first chatbot.
Leveraging the AI power of Watson Assistant, you will be able to design your own chatbot without the need to write any code. You'll also learn how to quickly deploy your chatbot on WordPress-based sites.
And if you build sites for customers, this course will present you with a special offer and a unique opportunity to partner with IBM! Learn how to make money by applying AI to better serve your customers' needs (a great way to distinguish your business).
- Module 1 - Introduction to Chatbots
- What are chatbots?
- The emergence of Messengers and AI
- Who are chatbots for?
- The chatbot we're going to build
- Module 2 - Introduction to Watson Assistant (formerly Watson Conversation)
- Watson Assistant components
- Dos and Dont's of dialog design
- Module 3 - Building Our Chatbot: Intents and Entities
- Creating a workspace
- Defining Chit Chat intents
- Defining Domain-Specific intents
- Defining entities
- Module 4 - Building Our Chatbot Dialog
- The default Welcome and Anything else nodes
- Creating Chit Chat dialog
- Simple conditions and responses
- Handling complex dialog flow
- Trying out and exporting our chatbot
- Module 5 - Deploying Our Chatbot on WordPress
- Deploying our chatbot on WordPress
- Installing and configuring the plugin
- Finding and fixing problems
- More advanced concepts
- Analyzing chatbot conversations
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- The minimum passing mark for the course is 70%, where the review questions are worth 50% and the final exam is worth 50% of the course mark.
- You have 1 attempt to take the exam with multiple attempts per question.
Antonio is a Software Developer and Technical Evangelist with IBM. A published author with Wrox and The Pragmatic Bookshelf, he enjoys web programming, cutting-edge technologies, and technical marketing. He is the Chief AI Evangelist for Cognitive Class.