About This Course
Find out the truth about what Data Science is. Hear from real practitioners telling real stories about what it means to work in data science. This course was formerly named Data Science 101.
Module 1 - Defining Data Science
Module 2 - What do data science people do?
- A day in the life of a data science person
- R versus Python?
- Data science tools and technology
Module 3 - Data Science in Business
- How should companies get started in data science?
Module 4 - Use Cases for Data Science
- Applications for data science
- "The Report Structure"
Module 5 -Data Science People
- Things data science people say
- "What Makes Someone a Data Scientist?"
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
Fireside Analytics Inc.
Shingai Manjengwa (@Tjido) is the Director of Insights and Analytics at Fireside Analytics Inc. An NYU Stern alum, she graduated from the Stern Business Analytics Masters program in 2014 and founded Fireside Analytics the following year. Fireside Analytics is a data analytics consulting company that makes data analytics and data science skills accessible to private sector companies, non-profits and education institutions. Fireside Analytics works with clients to build their data science capabilities and train their staff and stakeholders using customized case studies. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.