Note: This is an updated version of the old course. If you were enrolled in the older version (before September 18, 2017), you can continue your progress here: link.
About This Course
Get started with some of the most popular tools for collaborative data science, including RStudio IDE, Jupyter Notebooks, Apache Zeppelin notebooks, and IBM Watson Studio. Use the tools directly on Skills Network Labs, a cloud lab environment that brings powerful open data science tools together so you can analyze, visualize, explore, clean data, run models and create apps.
- Module 1 -Introducing Skills Network Labs
- What is Skills Network Labs?
- Skills Network Labs features
- LAB: Getting Started with Skills Network Labs
- Module 2 -Introducing Jupyter Notebooks
- What are Jupyter notebooks?
- Getting started with Jupyter
- Data and Notebooks in Jupyter
- Sharing your Jupyter Notebooks and data
- LAB: Getting Started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Module 3 - Introducing Zeppelin Notebooks
- What are Zeppelin Notebooks?
- Zeppelin for Scala
- Getting started with Zeppelin
- Managing your Interpreters in Zeppelin
- Apache Spark in Zeppelin Notebooks
- LAB: Getting Started with Apache Zeppelin Notebooks
- Module 4 - Introducing RStudio IDE
- What is RStudio IDE?
- Uploading files, Installing Packages and loading libraries in RStudio IDE
- Getting started with RStudio IDE
- RStudio Environment and History
- Apache Spark in RStudio IDE
- LAB: Getting Started with RStudio IDE
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
Polong Lin is a Data Scientist at IBM in Canada. Under the Emerging Technologies division, Polong is responsible for educating the next generation of data scientists through BDU. Polong is a regular speaker in conferences and meetups, and holds a M.Sc. in Cognitive Psychology.
Saeed Aghabozorgi, PhD is a Data Scientist in IBM with a track record of developing enterprise level applications that substantially increases clients’ ability to turn data into actionable knowledge. He is a researcher in data mining field and expert in developing advanced analytic methods like machine learning and statistical modelling on large datasets.