Any time, Self-paced
Outlook / iCal
LEARN TO ANALYZE DATA WITH PYTHON
Learn how to analyze data using Python. This course will take you from the basics of Python to exploring many different types of data. You will learn how to prepare data for analysis, perform simple statistical analyses, create meaningful data visualizations, predict future trends from data, and more!
You will learn how to:
- Import data sets
- Clean and prepare data for analysis
- Manipulate pandas DataFrame
- Summarize data
- Build machine learning models using scikit-learn
- Build data pipelines
Data Analysis with Python is delivered through lecture, hands-on labs, and assignments. It includes following parts:
- Data Analysis libraries: will learn to use Pandas DataFrames, Numpy multi-dimentional arrays, and SciPy libraries to work with a various datasets. We will introduce you to pandas, an open-source library, and we will use it to load, manipulate, analyze, and visualize cool datasets. Then we will introduce you to another open-source library, scikit-learn, and we will use some of its machine learning algorithms to build smart models and make cool predictions.
Module 1 - Importing Datasets
- Learning Objectives
- Understanding the Domain
- Understanding the Dataset
- Python package for data science
- Importing and Exporting Data in Python
- Basic Insights from Datasets
Module 2 - Cleaning and Preparing the Data
- Identify and Handle Missing Values
- Data Formatting
- Data Normalization Sets
- Indicator variables
Module 3 - Summarizing the Data Frame
- Descriptive Statistics
- Basic of Grouping
- More on Correlation
Module 4 - Model Development
- Simple and Multiple Linear Regression
- Model Evaluation Using Visualization
- Polynomial Regression and Pipelines
- R-squared and MSE for In-Sample Evaluation
- Prediction and Decision Making
Module 5 - Model Evaluation
- Model Evaluation
- Over-fitting, Under-fitting and Model Selection
- Ridge Regression
- Grid Search
- Model Refinement
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
- Python programming, Statistics
- Some Python experience is expected
- Python for Data Science
Joseph Santarcangelo Ph.D.
Joseph has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, his research focused on using machine learning, signal processing, and computer vision to determine how videos impact human cognition. Joseph has been working for IBM since he completed his PhD.
Mahdi Noorian Ph.D.
Mahdi Noorian is a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Laboratory for Systems, Software and Semantics (LS3) of the Ryerson University. He holds a Ph.D degree in Computer Science from University of New Brunswick. As a Data Scientist, he is interested in application of machine learning, data mining, optimization, and semantic data analysis for big data to solve the real-world problems.
The following individuals also contributed to this course: Bahare Talayian, Fiorella Wenver, Ke Xing , Steven Dong and Hima Vasudevan