- Module 1 - Introduction to HBase
- HBase Overview, CAP Theorem and ACID properties
- Roles of HBase and difference between RDBMS
- HBase Shell and Tables
- Module 2 - HBase Client API - The Basics
- Use of Java API for Batch, Scan, and Scan operations
- Module 3 - Client API: Administrative and Advance Features
- Use of administrative operations and schemas
- Use of Filters, Counters, and ImportTSV tool
- Module 4 - Available HBase Clients
- Understand how interactive and batch clients interact with HBase
- Module 5 - HBase and MapReduce Integration
- Understand how MapReduce works in the Hadoop framework
- How to setup HBase as a source and a sink
- Module 6 - HBase Configuration and Administration
- Configuration of HBase for various environmental optimization
- Architecture and administrative tasks
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
- Labs can be performed on the Cloud, or using a 64-bit system. If using a 64-bit system, you can install the required software (Linux-only), or use the supplied VMWare image. More details are provided in the section "Labs setup".
- There is only ONE chance to pass the course, but multiple attempts per question (see the Grading Scheme section for details)
RECOMMENDED SKILLS PRIOR TO TAKING THIS COURSE
- Basic understanding of Big Data.
- Taken the Hadoop 101 course.