About This Course
Learn what Big Data use cases have in common - the use of Apache Kafka somewhere in the mix.
Whether the distributed, partitioned, replicated commit log service is being used for messaging, website activity tracking, stream processing or more, there's no denying it is a hot technology.
- Learn how Kafka is used in the real world and its architecture and components.
- Get quickly up-and-running, producing and consuming messages using both the command line tools and the Java APIs.
- Get hands on experience connecting Kafka to Spark, and working with Kafka Connect.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Apache Kafka
- What Kafka is and why it was created
- The Kafka Architecture
- The main components of Kafka
- Some of the use cases for Kafka
- Module 2 - Kafka Command Line
- The contents of Kafka's /bin directory
- How to start and stop Kafka
- How to create new topics
- How to use Kafka command line tools to produce and consume messages
- Module 3 - Kafka Producer Java API
- The Kafka producer client
- Some of the KafkaProducer configuration settings and what they do
- How to create a Kafka producer using the Java API and send messages both synchronously and asynchronously
- Module 4 - Kafka Consumer Java API
- The Kafka consumer client
- Some of the KafkaConsumer configuration settings and what they do
- How to create a Kafka consumer using the Java API
- Module 5 - Kafka Connect and Spark Streaming
- Kafka Connect and how to use a pre-built connector
- Some of the components of Kafka Connect
- How to use Kafka and Spark Streaming together
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
- It can be audited as many times as you wish.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- Basic understanding of Apache Hadoop and Big Data.
- Basic Linux Operating System knowledge.
- Basic understanding of the Scala, Python, R, or Java programming languages.