Are all courses in Cognitive Class free?
Yes! They are all free. The only investment you need to make is your time.
I signed up for Cognitive Class, but I have not received my confirmation email. What should I do?
Check your junk/spam folder first. If it’s there, ensure you mark it as “not spam” so you can get emails from us in the future. After you access the email, click on the link it provides for activating your registration with us. If you do not receive any email at all, please open a support ticket by clicking the Support tab to the right of the page, and we will manually activate your account for you.
I’m having problems logging in. What should I do?
Depending on the problem encountered, you will receive a different error message with instructions to follow. If the instructions do not work, or you do not understand them, please open a Support ticket by clicking the Support tab to the right of the page.
If you are using the ChannelDB2 social media login button, as of July 2016, this login method is no longer supported. You must submit the following form: https://courses.CognitiveClass.ai/access_new_account and provide the same email address that is associated to your ChannelDB2 account. When you submit this form, we will check if the email exists. If it does, you will receive an email with information about your account and how to log in to link your account, otherwise you will receive an error message. If you get an error message after trying all possible emails you think you used to register with us, then it may be better to sign up for a new account at: https://courses.CognitiveClass.ai/register
Which browsers and versions does Cognitive Class support?
Cognitive Class runs on the OpenEdx platform; therefore the browsers we support are the same as the ones OpenEdx supports, namely:
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
I would like to log into Cognitive Class using different social login buttons, what should I do?
A Cognitive Class account allows you to log in using several social media login buttons by linking them to your account.
- While logged on to your account, go to Account Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the Connected Accounts section.
- Click “Link” beside the social media account you want to link to.
How does the grading scheme work for Cognitive Class courses?
In most courses (with few exceptions), review questions are worth 50% of the mark, and the final exam is worth 50%. The course passing grade is 70%.
- Review Questions:
- Have no time limit. This should encourage participants to go back to material previously explained to find the correct answer.
- Multiple choice questions have two chances while True/False questions only have one chance.
- Review questions are marked per question. As soon as you answer a particular question, when the “Final check” button appears, it means you will have no more chances after clicking that button, and your answer will be immediately marked and cannot be changed (ever). You will be able to see your grade progress at any time using the “Progress” tab.
- Final Exam:
- Has a 1-hour time limit
- Like Review Questions, as you click on “Final check” per question, you will be marked.
If you are used to taking final exams and attempting the exam up to 3 times, where you would complete all questions first and receive a mark after submitting your answers for the entire exam, now, in the new Cognitive Class system, marks are per question. Each question will have its own number of tries (typically 2 chances). In a sense, you are submitting for marking per question.
I notice the badges issued in the past have changed. Are they still valid?
Prior to the migration to a more modern platform, we offered a different type of badges that required different criteria to obtain; those badges will still be valid for some time, but will eventually be retired. In the “new Cognitive Class” we offer new badges, and we encourage you to get them. There is no transition path between the ‘old’ badges and the ‘new’ badges; they are independent.