Building Cloud Native and Multicloud Applications
This course introduces you to concepts related to migrating, modernizing, building and delivering applications in cloud-native and multicloud environments.Start the Free Course
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course introduces you to concepts related to migrating, modernizing, building and delivering applications in cloud-native and multicloud environments. You will learn how to make informed decisions about application migration and enterprise modernization.
This course is also of interest to anyone and everyone who wants to learn about cloud-native and multicloud environments. It provides information to those who want to work on cloud-native development projects, on legacy modernization projects, on DevOps engineering projects or as IT/cloud administrators.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Migrate existing images to cloud
- Modernize applications
- Use cloud-native practices
- Establish best practices for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Manage multiple cloud infrastructures, applications and middleware
Module 1 - Getting to the Cloud
- What do we mean by cloud native and multicloud?
- Moving VMs and Containers Between Clouds
- Infrastructure as Code
- Data Considerations
- Data Lakes and Object Storage
Module 2 - Application Modernization
- Preparation for Modernization
- Hybrid Cloud Architecture
Module 3 - Cloud-Native Practices
- DevOps Tools
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
Module 4 - Multicloud Management
- Application Management
- Observing Multiple Applications
- Security and Compliance Management
- This course is free.
- It is self-paced.
- It can be taken at any time.
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
There are no hard requirements needed to be able to take the course, however a foundation level understanding of Cloud Computing will help, such as that obtained from the Introduction to Cloud (CC0101EN) and IBM Cloud Essentials (CC0103EN).