This Week in Data Science (May 23, 2017)
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- General Tips for Web Scraping with Python – Thoughts and tips about scraping data from websites for personal use.
- Parsing Text for Emotion Terms: Analysis & Visualization Using R –Using R for analysis of emotions expressed through text.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to d3.js – Advice on how to dive into visualization using d3.js.
- Confused By Data Visualization? Here’S How To Cope In A World Of Many Features – The importance on knowing how to communicate data in an effective manner.
- Top Recent Big Data videos on YouTube – A list of some of the most popular Youtube videos focusing on Big Data.
- Top 10 SQL interview questions for tech professionals – Practice with 10 sample interview questions on SQL.
- Modern Machine Learning Algorithms: Strengths and Weaknesses – An analysis and comparison of some Machine Learning Algorithms.
- Getting Into Data Science: What You Need to Know – Tips for individuals looking to enter into the field of Data Science.
- Descriptive Statistics Key Terms, Explained – A list of descriptive statistics key terms with accompanying Python example code.
- Saatchi LA Trained IBM Watson to Write Thousands of Ads for Toyota – How IBM Watson was trained to create promotions.
- A Survival Guide For The Coming AI Revolution – A look at how to prepare for the growth of the increasingly popular field of Artificial Intelligence.
- What is optimization and how it improves planning outcomes – An discussion about the goals of Optimization and its importance.
- IBM Watson thinks it can use AI to fight opioid addiction – IBM Watson partners to help identify at risk individuals and deliver intervention sooner.
- Must-Know: What are common data quality issues for Big Data and how to handle them? – A look into the common issues facing Big Data.
- How Big Data Analytics Is Solving Big Advertiser Problems – The role of Big Data Analytics in Marketing and Advertising.
- Do I Need An Advanced Degree To Become A Data Scientist? – Quora response to the question of data science and education level.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- Data Science: Basic Statistics and Simulation Modeling in Python (Hands-On) – May 25, 2017 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm; Lighthouse Labs 46 Spadina Avenue Toronto
Featured Courses From Cognitive Class
- SQL and Relational Databases 101 – Learn the basics of the database querying language, SQL.
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I – Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases – Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.