This Week in Data Science (April 11, 2017)
Posted on April 11, 2017 by Janice Darling
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
INTERESTING DATA SCIENCE ARTICLES AND NEWS
- The Most Popular Languages for Data Scientists/Engineers
–The results of the 2017 Stackoverflow Survey showing the most popular languages by occupation.
- List of Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning – Free recommended readings for Machine Learning.
- The Data Pipeline – Analytics at The Speed of Business – Definition of the Data Pipeline and its use cases.
- How IBM plans to be the “undisputed leader” of the next cloud phase – How IBM is building relationships to cater to the new era of cloud.
- Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning – Recent papers covering the advance of Machine Learning and its subfields.
- Datasets of the Week, March 2017 – Quality datasets and sample visualizations to explore them.
- Some Lesser-Known Machine Learning Libraries – A list of lesser known but useful Machine Learning Libraries.
- Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning
– Basics of Image Processing and its application to Medical Imaging.
- Interactive visualization is still alive – The usefulness of interactivity in a Data Visualization.
- IBM Watson is creating highlight reels at the Masters – IBM is harnessing Watson’s ability to see, hear and learn to identify great shots at the Masters.
- Why is data preparation so hard and are we getting worse at it? – Statistics on Data Preparation and explanations for these statistics.
- Equal Pay Day: a wage gap fact check – Fact check and visualization of the Wage Gap in the United States.
- What the Academy Awards mix-up teaches us about data integration – The necessary steps to overcome the challenges with data integration.
- Analytics and the cloud: NoSQL databases – The rise of NoSQL databases.
- Building a cognitive data lake with ODPi-compliant Hadoop
– An attempt to provide a clear understanding of data lakes.
- Four Trends In Artificial Intelligence That Affect Enterprises – Four Trends that stand out in Artificial Intelligence.
- How to Become a Data Scientist – A definition of the term of data scientist and courses from BDU to start the journey to becoming one.
FEATURED COURSES FROM BDU
- SQL and Relational Databases 101
– Learn the basics of the database querying language, SQL.
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.
COOL DATA SCIENCE VIDEOS
- Machine Learning With Python – Supervised Learning Model Evaluation – Introduction and Discussion of three Model Evaluation methods.
- Machine Learning With Python – Supervised Learning Model Evaluation Overfitting & Underfitting – Overview of Model Overfitting and Underfitting and consequences.
- Machine Learning With Python – Supervised Learning – Understanding Different Evaluation Models – A look at the three main model evaluation metrics.