This Week in Data Science (April 4, 2017)
Posted on April 4, 2017 by Janice Darling
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
INTERESTING DATA SCIENCE ARTICLES AND NEWS
- The 5 Most Effective Ways to Learn R
– Tips to learn and master a powerful statistical language.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Tweet Analytics with Pandas
– Simple Beginner tutorial for tweet analytics with pandas using downloadable twitter data.
- Recapping the IBM Chief Data Officer Strategy Summit Spring 2017
– Highlights from the Spring 2017 IBM Chief Data Officer Strategy.
- Is Blockchain the solution for healthcare – How the use of blockchain technology could solve common challenges associated with healthcare data.
- Incorporating machine learning in the data lake for robust business results
– The basics of a “cognitive trusted data lake” enabled by Machine Learning and Data Science.
- IBM Watson Cognitive Computing – Overview of the IBM Watson ecosystem.
- IBM’s Watson to make debut in China
– IBM partners with the Dalian Wanda Group to bring Watson and a cloud service to Chinese companies.
- Machine learning 101: The healthcare opportunities are endless – How supervised and unsupervised machine learning can help in the delivery of medical care.
- Using Deep Learning Technologies IBM Reaches a New Milestone in Speech Recognition – How IBM used deep learning technologies to move closer to human-like speech recognition.
- What Meaningful Careers Exist In Data Science?
– Quora discussion about the different careers in the field of Data Science.
- Confused by data visualization? Here’s how to cope in a world of many features
– Rundown of how to deal with the many features that go into a successful data visualization.
- Managing big data in schools: 5 ways it can benefit school education
– Brief overview of Big Data and some benefits it provides to education.
- How Understanding Animals Can Help Us Maximize Artificial Intelligence
– A former trainer uses animals to relate to the limits of artificial intelligence.
- Can Artificial Intelligence Identify Pictures Better than Humans? – Computers can recognize images faster than humans but can they do it better?
- 4 Ways to Build a More Effective Open Data Program
– Insight into building an open data platform to benefit a city.
- Learn SQL and Relational Databases 101
– Read about BDU’s introductory course on SQL and Relational Databases.
FEATURED COURSES FROM BDU
- SQL and Relational Databases 101
– Learn the basics of the database querying language, SQL.
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.
COOL DATA SCIENCE VIDEOS
- Machine Learning With Python – Supervised Learning Regression Algorithms
– Video from our Machine Learning with python course at BDU covering Regression Algorithms.
- Machine Learning With Python – Supervised Learning – Advantages & Disadvantages of Decision Trees
– A breakdown of the pros and cons of Decision Trees.
- Machine Learning With Python – Supervised Learning – Reliability of Random Forests
– A discussion of the reliability of Random Forests from BDU.
- Machine Learning With Python – Supervised Learning Random Forests
– An introduction to Random Forests and their relationship to Decision Trees.