This Week in Data Science (March 14, 2017)
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- K-Means & Other Clustering Algorithms: A Quick Intro with Python – An intro tutorial to cluster analysis.
- Infographic: A beginner’s Guide to Machine Learning Algorithms – A brief description of Machine Learning Algorithms.
- 8 simple ways how to boost your coding skills (not just) in R
– Tips to boost your coding skills applicable to multiple languages.
- How to Get a Data Science Job: A Ridiculously Specific Guide – Brief rundown of steps to take to land a job in Data Science.
- Analytics and the cloud: The Internet of Things – How to utilize the cloud to get the most value from data generated by IoT.
- 5 algorithms to train a neural network
– Descriptions of 5 training algorithms to enable the learning process in a neural network.
- IBM, Salesforce announce AI partnership
– APIs from IBM Watson will integrate into Salesforce Einstein a to combine data from the two AI platforms.
- Big Data Desperately Needs Transparency – The need for transparency if Big Data is to realize its potential.
- R Packages worth a look – Some useful R packages to utilize.
- The gender gap in science – Visualization of the gender makeup in some science fields in different countries.
- The R qgraph Package: Using R To Visualize Complex Relationships Among Variables In A Large Dataset, Part One – A tutorial on how to graph complex relationships using R package qgraph.
- IPython Or Jupyter? – The difference between IPython and Jupyter.
- IBM somehow crammed data into a single atom – IBM research results have shown the possibility of storing data on a single atom.
- 5 ways deep learning improves your daily life – How five companies utilize deep learning to improve the daily lives of others.
- How Modern Taxation Can Benefit From Big Data Analytics – Several Areas in Big Data Analytics that are impactful to public taxation.
- Create Air Travel Route Maps in ggplot: A Visual Travel Diary – Tutorial on using ggplot to create airline travel routes.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- IBM Webinar: Technology Adoption: Why a platform for data and insight – March 16, 2017 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Featured Courses From BDU
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.
Cool Data Science Videos
- Machine Learning with Python – Welcome –Intro to our course from BDU titled Machine Learning 101.
- Machine Learning With Python – Languages Types & Examples
– Brief discussion of Languages, Types & Examples.
- Machine Learning With Python – Machine Learning vs Statistical Modeling – Differences Between Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning.