This Week in Data Science (March 7, 2017)
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- R Packages worth a look – A brief list of useful R packages.
- IBM, Maersk aim to speed up shipping with blockchain technology –
IBM and Maersk will use blockchain technology to expedite transactions in the shipping supply chain.
- Data Science Job Report 2017: R Passes SAS, But Python Leaves Them Both Behind – A February 2017 report on openings for Data Science positions.
- Artificial Intelligence: here’s what you need to know to understand how machines learn. – How becoming informed about Machine Learning can remedy fears surrounding AI.
- The Data Science Project Playbook
– Small steps to identify and create valuable Data Science projects.
- 7 More Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python – An Additional seven steps to master the Machine Learning using Python.
- How to start a Data Science project in Python – Basics for producing a Data Science product efficiently.
- An Overview of Python Deep Learning Frameworks – A brief overview of seven (7) Python Machine Learning frameworks.
- IBM Spins Out Analytics Platform For Utilities
– IBM and VELCO will work to create a company specializing in smart energy via a new cloud based analytics platform.
- Moving from R to Python: The Libraries You Need to Know – A comparison of Python Packages to their R Library equivalents.
- 25 Big Data Terms Everyone Should Know – Basic concepts and terms for beginners in Big Data and Data Science.
- The Anatomy of Deep Learning Frameworks – Common principles to aid in the understanding of deep learning frameworks.
- How to Boost your Career in Big Data and Analytics – The necessary steps to advance your career in Big Data and Analytics.
Featured Courses From BDU
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow – Take this free TensorFlow course and learn how to use Google’s library to apply deep learning to different data types in order to solve real world problems.