This Week in Data Science (February 28, 2017)
Posted on February 28, 2017 by Janice Darling
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
INTERESTING DATA SCIENCE ARTICLES AND NEWS
- http://www.ibmbigdatahub.com/blog/four-perspectives-data-lakes – The relation of architecture, value, innovation and governance to data lakes.
- Fueling the Gold Rush: The Greatest Public Datasets for AI – A run down of some public datasets for Artificial Intelligence.
- Pandas Cheat Sheet – Python for Data Science – Cheat sheet for one of the most popular data science packages.
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, Part 2 – Additional must-know questions for data science interviews.
- IBM, Northern Trust partner on financial security blockchain tech – IBM and Northern Trust partner to develop blockchain technology for the management of private equity funds and services.
- The Origins of Big Data – A perspective summary of the field and use of the term Big Data.
- How is Deep Learning Changing Data Science Paradigms? – A look at the rise of Deep Learning and its effect on Data Science Paradigms.
- Melbourne IBM Research team using Watson AI to identify glaucoma – Melbourne-based IBM research team trains Watson to identify eye abnormalities.
- Removing Outliers Using Standard Deviation in Python – How to remove outliers using a well known but underutilized metric.
- R Packages worth a look – A short list and summaries of R statistical and graphical packages.
- 25 Big Data Terms Everyone Should Know – Big Data Terms and concepts as an introduction to the field.
- Moving from R to Python: The Libraries You Need to Know – Python packages and their R contemporaries.
- Predicting the 2017 Oscar Winners – Using Machine Learning to predict the winners at the 89th annual Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Awards.
- How To Hire A Data Scientist: 5 Don’ts For Data Scientist Interview Questions – How hiring managers can land a proficient data scientist.
- Artificial intelligence: Understanding how machines learn – The current limits of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
UPCOMING DATA SCIENCE EVENTS
- IBM Webinar: Are you getting enough value from your relational database? – March 1, 2017 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- IBM Webinar: Art of the Possible…and the Reality of Execution – March 2, 2017 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
FEATURED COURSES FROM BDU
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
COOL DATA SCIENCE VIDEOS
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow Course Summary – A summary of our free course here at BDU Deep Learning with TensorFlow.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Deep Belief Networks
– An overview of Deep Belief Networks.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Autoencoder Structure
–An overview of the structure and applications of an Autoencoder.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Autoencoders with TensorFlow
–Tutorial on how to implement an Autoencoder using TensorFlow.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Introduction to Autoencoders
– The basic concepts of Autoencoders – a type of neural network.