This Week in Data Science (February 14, 2017)
Posted on February 14, 2017 by Janice Darling
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
INTERESTING DATA SCIENCE ARTICLES AND NEWS
- IBM’s Watson and Bluemix step up: Free cloud-based push to boost tech skills – IBM aims to develop the tech skills of millions of young African for free using Watson AI and Bluemix cloud.
- Job trends for R and Python
– A look at the recent job trends for R, Python and SAS.
- IBM launches cognitive computing hardware unit: Enter the Watson, Power 9 stack – IBM uses research and application to speed up training for Watson, neural networks and machine learning.
- – A current list of some useful apis for Machine Learning and Prediction.
- New IoT Cybersecurity Alliance formed by AT&T, IBM, others – IBM partners to form alliance to address concerns around IoT and solve its security challenges.
- 6 ways Business Intelligence is going to change in 2017 – How businesses will utilize data and its advantages.
- IoT devices will outnumber the world’s population this year for the first time – A prediction on the growth in number of IoT devices for the next three years.
- What is a Data Scientist?
– A broad definition for the term Data Scientist.
- IBM’s big data meetup program approaches a significant milestone – IBM’s community of big data developers approaches 100,000 members.
- 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained – Resources to sharpen skills required for 5 different paths in Data Science and Analytics.
- 6 Top Big Data and Data Science Trends 2017 – Predictions about Big Data and Data Science as the world becomes more dependent on Data.
- Top R Packages for Machine Learning – A ranking of the top Machine Learning Packages for R.
- Understanding data ownership in the data lake
– Answers to questions dealing with the ownership of data and the importance of these questions.
- Infographic: The 4 Types of Data Science Problems Companies Face. – The difficulties surrounding solutions to Data Science Problems.
- Making the Most of Big Data Requires Effective Training in Data Science – A discussion of the type of training required to create effective data scientists.
- City enlists IBM’s Watson to fix outdated 311 system – How NYC will use IBM’s Watson to handle 311 calls.
FEATURED COURSES FROM BDU
- Big Data 101 – What Is Big Data? Take Our Free Big Data Course to Find Out.
- Predictive Modeling Fundamentals I
– Take this free course and learn the different mathematical algorithms used to detect patterns hidden in data.
- Using R with Databases
– Learn how to unleash the power of R when working with relational databases in our newest free course.
UPCOMING DATA SCIENCE EVENTS
- IBM Event: Big Data and Analytics Summit – February 14, 2017 @ 7:15 am – 4:45 pm, Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel 525 Bay St. Toronto Ontario.