This Week in Data Science (January 31, 2017)
Posted on January 31, 2017 by Janice Darling
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
INTERESTING DATA SCIENCE ARTICLES AND NEWS
- How will we cope with the AI Chatbot takeover? – How the capabilities of AI will impact the development of chatbots.
- 6 areas of AI and Machine Learning to watch closely – A breakdown of six major areas defined by the term Artificial Intelligence.
- IBM adds TensorFlow support to its PowerAI – IBM adds support for Google’s TensorFlow in a move highlighting the collaboration between the AI tech giants.
- Social media data and the customer-centric strategy
– How to utilize social media data in improving customer relations.
- The Top Predictive Analytics Pitfalls to Avoid – Missteps to avoid when performing predictive analysis in order to obtain expected results from your models.
- Trusting AI with important decisions: capabilities and challenges – The importance of considering the concrete benefits of AI while ensuring safety to property and human life.
- What developers actually need to know about Machine Learning –A deviation from the traditional way of exposure to and learning Machine Learning.
- Applied Data Science – Excerpts from a whitepaper on data science teams and the application of insights gained through analytics to the real world.
- Apple joins Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM and Microsoft in AI initiative –Apple joins the Partnership on AI to Benefit People and Society.
- How Employers Judge Data Science Projects – 6 criteria that influence how potential employers evaluate applicants strength.
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Part 1: Lexical Units – An exploration to the core concepts of Natural Language Processing.
- What is Data Engineering? – The distinction between the wide fields of data science and data engineering.
- Becoming a Data Scientist – An overview of the many skills and tools used by data scientists.
- The Data Science Puzzle, Revisited
– A discussion of how the key concepts related to data science and data science itself are unified.
- Why It Matters That Artificial Intelligence Is About to Beat the World’s Best Poker Players – How a new AI system is contributing to advancement in the field.
- Get Up to Speed with Data Science in 7 Easy Steps
– 7 steps for beginners to get up-to-date with data science.
UPCOMING DATA SCIENCE EVENTS
- IBM Event: Big Data and Analytics Summit – February 14, 2017 @ 7:15 am – 4:45 pm
COOL DATA SCIENCE VIDEOS
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Recursive Neural Tensor Networks
– An overview of Recursive Neural Tensor Networks and the Natural Language Processing problems that they are able to solve.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – The Long Short Term Memory Model
– An overview of the Long Short Term Memory Model.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – The Recurrent Neural Network Model
– An overview of the Recurrent Neural Network Model.