This Week in Data Science (January 24, 2017)
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- The Current State of Automated Machine Learning – A brief definition of Automated Machine Learning and a look into its future.
- US Army turns to IBM to build, manage private cloud data center – IBM will provide services to improve and advance the IT infrastructure of the U.S. Army.
- IBM’s Rometty lays out AI considerations, ethical principles – IBM’s CEO calls outlines the ethics of AI and calls for transparency of AI development.
- How to present your data science portfolio on Github – An installation in the series outlining how to build a data science profile.
- The worst passwords of 2016 are as lazy as ever – A summary of the most used passwords which might lead to the compromising of online accounts.
- How Artificial Intelligence Will Improve the World of Work – How humans and AI can work together to increase productivity in the workplace.
- Charting the data lake: Rethinking data models for data lakes – How data models have adapted to the role of defining and managing data lake environments.
- What is artificial intelligence? A three part definition – A look into the historical context of the term Artificial Intelligence.
- IBM Watson and FDA collaborate to explore the use of blockchain data in population health management – IBM Watson will partner with the FDA in order to study the use of blockchain technology in improving public health.
- 6 Predictions For The $203 Billion Big Data Analytics Market – How the Big Data Analytics Market will change with the growing volume and consumption of data.
- These are three of the biggest problems facing today’s AI – Three commonly overlooked issues when thinking about Artificial Intelligence.
- 5 industries ripe for human-machine learning – A look at some industries that would benefit from increased interaction between humans and machine learning.
- How big data can improve cities and save lives: UW and Seattle brainstorm solutions on education, homelessness, and transportation – A look at how data can be used to solve common societal problems.
- IBM serves an ace at the Australian Open with powerful analytics – IBM provides insights into players’ performance at the Australian Open.
- How A.I. and blockchain are driving precision medicine in 2017 – A look into how new partnerships could transform the face of healthcare.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- 2017 Kickoff – Data Science Meetup – January 24, 2017 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- IBM Event: Big Data and Analytics Summit –February 14, 2017 @ 7:15 am – 4:45 pm
Cool Data Science Videos
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – The Sequential Problem – This videos discusses sequential data as well as its issues wth traditional neural networks.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Convolutional Network with TensorFlow – A demonstration of how to build a convolutional neural network using TensorFlow.
- Multilayer Perceptron with TensorFlow – Deep Learning with Tensorflow – A demonstration of how to create a Multilayer Perceptron for the MNIST database.