This Week in Data Science (January 17, 2017)
Posted on January 17, 2017 by Janice Darling
Here are some stories from this week in Data Science and Big Data. Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
INTERESTING DATA SCIENCE ARTICLES AND NEWS
- IBM Watson, FDA to explore blockchain for secure patient data exchange – IBM Watson Health and the FDA partner to explore the use of blockchain technology in the medical field.
- IBM Breaks Record in U.S. Patents With Cloud, AI and Health Bets – IBM continues its trend as the leader in receiving US patents for the twenty-fourth consecutive year.
- 6 Steps to Effective Data Preparation for Quality Conclusions – Follow these six steps to save time and boost results on the most time consuming task in data analysis.
- 10 expert tips to boost agility with Hadoop as a service – Experts provide tips on using Hadoop and Spark cloud-based services.
- A Concise Overview of Recent Advances in the Internet of Things (IoT) – A review of some of the most important happenings related to the Internet of Things.
- How to train your Deep Neural Network – A few practices that should be taken into consideration in order to effectively train a neural network.
- The Most Popular Language For Machine Learning and Data Science Is … – An analysis of the choice of programming language for Machine Learning and Data Science
- – Research review and introduction to the application of Deep Learning to Natural Language Processing.
- How Will Big Data Evolve in the Year Ahead? – Explore how Big Data Analytics will change as the volume of data produced grows.
- CES 2017: As with Big Data, Human Factor Plays a Part in IoT – Panelists discuss the need for collaboration in order to make the most of IoT.
- Is Big Data Analytics The Secret To Successful Fire Fighting? – How data received from multiple sources can assist fire departments in handling fires and other incidences.
- Taking another look at in-database analytics – Discussion of how a deviation from the traditional practice of extract-transform-load (ETL) might assist in data analytics.
- IBM Watson Partners with Illumina to Advance Cancer Research – IBM Watson and Illumina partner to achieve better interpretation of cancer genome data.
- VR, AI and voice: Behind the hype at CES 2017 – A wide rage of companies make AI the forefront of their presentations at CES 2017.
- – Watson spreads to take on the cybersecurity.
- To know the past, one must first know the future: The relevance of decision-based thinking to statistical analysis – The relevance of each step in the approach to solving statistical problems
COOL DATA SCIENCE VIDEOS
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – The MNIST Database – A discussion of the MNIST Database from our free Deep Learning course.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Convolution with Python and TensorFlow – A demonstration of the convolution operation using Python and TensorFlow.
- Deep Learning with Tensorflow – Convolution and Feature Learning – A high level overview of convolution and demonstrate how a convolutional neural network can learn how to extract features.
- Video: Artificial intelligence takes centre stage at CES tech show in Las Vegas – The prominence of Artificial Intelligence at CES 2017 in Las Vegas.