This Week in Data Science (June 14, 2016)
Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- The Impacts Of Big Data On Love, Relationships and Behaviors – By studying communication patterns, can Big Data be used to predict the future success of relationships?
- Outta My Way! How Will We Translate Google’s Self-Driving Honks? – Google’s self-driving cars are learning to honk politely in order to mimic the behavior of a “patient, seasoned driver.”
- White House Report: The Role of Big Data In Improving Lives of Americans – The White House has issued a report presenting four of the top areas that Big Data has the potential to improve our lives.
- Improving patient care by bridging the divide between doctors and data scientists – The continuous computerization of patient health records and use of data analytics can help doctors find out what is best for their individual patients.
- Data Storytelling: What It Is, Why It Matters – Data narratives and visualizations are most important in conveying insights. Learn the rules of effective data storytelling.
- 10 Data Acquisition Strategies for Startups – Learn the best strategies of data acquisition in order to ensure high-quality data sets from the beginning.
- Happiness and Income – Data analysis and visualization shows that happiness increases in a linear-log relationship with income. Can we make our happiness regardless of income?
- Three Times Big Data Made Amusement Parks Better – Amusement parks are using data analytics to help waste less time and better enjoy their experiences.
- The Most Exclusive Circles – Learn about the world’s richest people with this visualization that sorts the world’s top 50 billionaires by age, location, and more.
- Project Murphy Microsoft Bot Framework AI – Project Murphy is a AI bot that can be added to Skype and answers fun questions.
- Mobile Phone Records Reveal Largest Gathering in the History of Humanity – Mobile phone data analytics is used to study human group behavior.
- Analyzing Video, the Biggest Data of Them All – With the increase in access to video cameras and the increase in videos for entertainment, new opportunities in video analytics are rising.
- 7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python – Learn Python Machine learning from scratch.
- Data Scientists…Futureproof Yourselves! – Data scientists must learn to diversify in order to ensure that they are not left behind as the next generation of data scientists emerge.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- Data Science Bootcamp – Attend a free summer bootcamp starting May 20th in Toronto. Get hands-on training and receive a badge upon completion.
- Data Science for Developers – BDU and Lighthouse Labs invite all developers to attend a free 3-hour workshop on June 25th in Toronto.
- Classification with Logistic Regression and Support Vector Machine – Learn about Logistic Regression and Support Vector Machines on June 28th in Toronto.
- Data Science Summit 2016 – Whether you are a developer, business leader, or data scientists, attend this year’s Data Science Summit in San Francisco on July 12th-13th in order to learn about the new possibilities in machine learning and data science.
- Faster Self-Service Analytics with Salesforce Data and Visualizations – Join this Data Science Central Webinar to learn about the power of self-service analytics on July 26th.