Facial Recognition in Python with OpenCV & Watson Visual Recognition
46 Spadina Ave
Toronto, ON M5V 2H8
In this meetup, Polong will go through the basics of OpenCV in Python, including detecting faces in images and videos. He will then follow up with a demo on building custom classifiers quickly via IBM Watson Visual Recognition (https://visual-recognition-demo.mybluemix.net/).
1. Setup on labs.CognitiveClass.ai (please register beforehand to save time)
2. Image processing in Jupyter notebooks using OpenCV
3. Detect faces in images using OpenCV (try your own images)
4. Detect faces in videos using OpenCV (try your own videos)
5. Face recognition demo in OpenCV
6. Watson Visual Recognition – detecting objects in images, building custom classifiers
Setup: Please register a free account on labs.CognitiveClass.ai before the meetup.
This is a hands-on meetup. Python programming experience is recommended.
Audience: Python Programmers
Presenter: Polong Lin, Lead Data Science Advocate
NOTE: Livestream will be available on best effort basis.
Thank you to Lighthouse Labs for providing the space for our meetup this week.
Lighthouse Labs community of mentors consists of over 80 developers. Currently hiring. You can check out the full list of postings and apply here.